Wednesday, November 10, 2004

More Compassionate Conservatism

President Bush's efforts to pass an immigration bill is one that I champion, much to the disdain of many conservatives. These workers come looking for a better life, and I have several close personal friends who became (or are becoming) citizens after working here illegally. They are some of the hardest working Americans I've ever met. Good people! My husband says this is rewarding illegal behavior, and I do see his point. However, I think we need to just wipe the slate clean, and start fresh with these immunities and a plan for a guest-worker program. Once that's in place, there will be a lot more support in the border states for increasing the security on the borders by folks who are currently concerned about the impact that would have on our Mexican friends. Viva Bush!

No comments: