Anyway, it looks like The Muzic Mafia has made the list....and they're not even sharing a show, they all got their own. Awesome!
So here it is folks....the official Rodeo Houston 2005 Star Lineup:
* Tuesday, March 1 - Brooks & Dunn
* Wednesday, March 2 - Alan Jackson
* Thursday, March 3 – Armed Forces Salute - Neal McCoy, Charlie Daniels Band, Lee Greenwood
* Friday, March 4 – Black Heritage Day - Alicia Keys
* Saturday, March 5 - Gretchen Wilson
* Sunday, March 6 – Spring Break Stampede - Hilary Duff
* Monday, March 7 – Spring Break Stampede - Jeff Foxworthy, Big & Rich
* Tuesday, March 8 – Spring Break Stampede - Keith Urban
* Wednesday, March 9 – Spring Break Stampede - Kenny Chesney
* Thursday, March 10 – Spring Break Stampede - Rascal Flatts
* Friday, March 11 – Spring Break Stampede - Miller Lite presents Pat Green
* Saturday, March 12 – Spring Break Stampede - Martina McBride
* Sunday, March 13 – Go Tejano Day - Duelo, Jimmy G y El Grupo Mazz
* Monday, March 14 – Spring Break Stampede - Steve Miller Band
* Tuesday, March 15 – Spring Break Stampede - Brad Paisley
* Wednesday, March 16 – Spring Break Stampede - Maroon5
* Thursday, March 17 – Spring Break Stampede - Montgomery Gentry
* Friday, March 18 – Spring Break Stampede - Lynyrd Skynyrd
* Saturday, March 19 – RODEOHOUSTON™ Finals - Clint Black
* Sunday, March 20 – RODEOHOUSTON Collegiate Championship - Clay Walker
So....I can't decide.....Gretchen Wilson, Martina McBride, Pat Green...
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Martina McBride. I've been dying to see her in concert and I still haven't. I've seen Clint at the rodeo several times, but being that he's a hometown boy, he IS the perfect rodeo concert. Pat Green, I'd love to see but somehow it doesn't seem like a "rodeo" show, kwim? More of a smaller-venue, more intimate kind of thing. And Gretchen, well, she's just getting started so I'll have plenty of chances to see her in the future. So Martina it is! The only problem is that it's a Saturday night show, so tickets will be hard to get.
And since I'm NOT going to participate in the likes of this:
Most Ticketmaster locations in the Houston area will be distributing linestubs beginning at 9 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 15. Drawings will be held at each of the locations at approximately 9:30 a.m. to determine the linestub number which will start the line for ticket purchases at these locations.
At all ticket locations, linestubs will be available only to persons ages 12 and older, and each person will receive only one linestub. Linestubs that have been tampered with will not be honored. Ticket buyers should be aware that the only Show-authorized ticket outlets are Ticketmaster outlets.
My chances are not good. Hopefully Mr. Texasbug will get some from a client or something....better start polishing those boots!