Wednesday, January 05, 2005

America's Best Sniper? Over 1,000 yards!

I think so! Check out this article about a Marine Corps News> Marine sniper credited with longest confirmed kill in Iraq. His name is Sgt. Herbert B. Hancock, and he rocks!

I was reading about him at blackfive and Argghhh! when I read the part about him being a Marine who is also a police officer in Bryan, Texas and it jogged my memory...

After a bit of checking around to confirm....sure enough, his cousin attends the same church I do and we had spoken about Sgt. Hancock and his awesome sharpshooting skills just a couple of weeks ago! Small world, huh?

Thank God for men like Sgt. Hancock who are fighting daily to keep us free.

If you'd like to support the efforts of our fine snipers, please visit Adopt A Sniper

No comments: