Saturday, February 12, 2005

On a Personal Note

I don't do personal posts often, but today I'm entitled....it's my birthday! Yes, I share the day with Abraham Lincoln, a fact I've always loved. What do I want? First, exactly what I got....2 precious homemade cards from my 3 & 4 year old featuring birds and flowers. They know what Mama likes!

Second, I would like for every reader (and I wish there were 10,000 today!) to go to AnySoldier.com and send a package to the troops this week. Or, if you can't afford it, send a letter. Or become and email penpal...there's something for any budget.

Changing the subject, I just finished 2 days of Continuing Professional Education on the new Tax Law for 2004 tax returns. Yeah, tax season is upon us and the hubby and I share this glorious career. There's a lot of new stuff, mostly beneficial tax cuts, so make sure you know what you're doing or consult a professional if you own your own business this year. Also, for individuals who itemize, make sure you understand the new sales tax deduction. Please note...this blog does not constitute professional tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor.

Alrighty, well, I'm off to enjoy the day with my family. Have a great one!

No comments: