Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I HATE to be cold!

And yes, I mean hate. Just ask my hubby. I'm miserable and grouchy when it's super cold. That's why I live in Texas for the love of Pete!

But now I'm stuck in it. Yesterday I was wearing a t-shirt, tonight it's getting down to the 40's and into the low 20's by Christmas Eve. Yes, I said the low 20's. I think the last time that happened here was in 1989, and no i'm not kidding.

Most people think I'm crazy and that I should be enjoying the "Christmas weather". It's not Christmas weather, I tell you. I like comfortably cool Christmas weather...not frigidly cold.

I can't wait for summer!!! Until then I'm going to overdose on hot tea and hot chocolate and ruin my skin in hours-long hot baths.....

UPDATE: here are some other whining Texans: Blue Eyed Infidel, The Swanky Conservative

Here's the forecast for us here in South Texas:
Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy...breezy...and cold. A 30 percent chance of rain...snow...or sleet after midnight. Lows in the upper 20s. North winds 15 to 25 mph.
Friday
Mostly cloudy...windy...and cold with a 50 percent chance of snow.
Highs in the mid 30s. North winds 20 to 30 mph. Wind chill readings 16 to 20.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow in the evening then partly cloudy after midnight. Very cold with lows in the lower 20s inland...in the upper 20s coast. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
Christmas Day
Partly cloudy in the morning then clearing. Highs in the lower 40s.

Holy Camoley!! I *might* actually concede the cold if we get some snow for my kiddos on Christmas Eve. I can't believe I'm even saying such a thing!

No comments: