Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Bookworm

Rae, at Like the Language, (who is much more well-read than I am, I must admit) sent me this book meme, so here goes:

You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

Sadly, I must admit I haven't read it....so I can't really answer this one.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Yes...Rhett Butler from Gone with the Wind. What was Scarlett thinking when she let him leave like that??

The last book you bought is:
Everybody's Normal Till You Get to Know Them, by John Ortberg (for my small group Bible study)

The last book you read
The Five People You Meet in Heaven, by Mitch Albom

What are you currently reading?
Everybody's Normal Till You Get to Know Them, by John Ortberg

Five books you would take to a deserted island.
  1. Wilderness Survivor Guide - for obvious reasons.
  2. My Bible, The Message version - because it's such an easy read and I would have a lot of time to do all that studying I keep putting off, right?
  3. Field Guide to Birds and Plants - because this would become my hobby on the island.
  4. A very large empty notebook - to be my journal, which I'm sure I would use to log the location of water, plants, animals and all my adventure.
  5. Hmm....now I get to the "just for fun" books and I only have room for 1. I think I would have to pick Jane Eyre. It's been a favorite since I was a pre-teen, you can never get tired of re-reading it, and it would bring back comfy memories.
Now it's my turn to pass this on! Let's see.....I'd love to see responses from Lila at Mama Montezz' Mental Rumpus Room, Tish, and Patty-Jo because I think they are all very interesting and I think their answers would be quite diverse. I can't wait to see what they say!

No comments: