Sunday, March 01, 2009

Before & After

This is something I've been wanting to do since Sept 13th. A Before & After photo comparison.

Let's start with my garden, since that's what's on my mind this time of year:

planting the garden
Big J, The Princess & our friend's daughter help me plant the initial goods

whole garden
With the addition of the sign given to me by Bart's Dad, the garden is beautiful!!

bird bath
I love the look of the blue birdbath in the midst of all those flowers

garden in full bloom
This shot is my favorite....MAN i loved that garden!

Photobucket
And here it is today, March 1, 2009

more of the street
This is a cute shot of Big J, but what I want you to notice is our neighbor's beautiful front yard.

no more palm tree
Here's that same shot today...no more mailbox or palm tree, etc

view from dock before fence
Our backyard, looking up from the dock, the summer of 2006 when we moved in

Photobucket
Same shot today. Be sure and notice the downstairs of the house and the lack of stairs outside!

tv & nordic track
This was part of our downstairs playroom when we first moved in...

Photobucket
Same view today

door to stairs
Edge of the office area and door to the upstairs then...

Photobucket
and today

piano & credenza
Piano with Beethoven & credenza with printer then

Photobucket
and now

LK bathroom
The downstairs bathroom then

Photobucket
same view today

office area again
View of the office area from a different angle

Photobucket
Same angle today...and for those of you who've had the tour, you may notice the kayak is gone...we found the owner!

LK closet
The downstairs close that had Big L's clothes, the freezer & the extra fridge..

Photobucket
Hard to recognize today

landscaped street
Our beautifully landscaped street before...

Photobucket
Not exactly beautiful now

I hope you found this little comparison as interesting as I did. Especially now, almost 6 months out, I get used to how things are now and I can hardly even remember how they were before. Makes me remember why I fell in love with our wonderful little piece of heaven in the first place.

2 comments:

Qwnbee77 said...

heartbreaking!
Hang in there and when its all said and done, it'll be your piece of heaven again!

raisinggoldenboys said...

For those of us who don't see what you do day-in, day-out, the devastation is still shocking. I know you're hanging in there by God's grace and a deep love for your family and your island. I thought the shoe box in L's closet labeled "MIA" was pretty ironic...